With the new workplace violence prevention requirements (SB 553) in California, it’s vital to act swiftly to secure your workplace and stay compliant. Wilmes, LLC Risk Control Services is your partner in achieving this goal.
Here’s a quick overview of SB 553:
- Who is Covered: Virtually all California employers, with a few exceptions.
- Defining “Workplace Violence”: It includes various acts or threats, from verbal to physical.
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan: Employers must create a plan with clear procedures.
- Training Requirements: Initial and annual training sessions are now required.
- Recording and Reporting: Employers must maintain a violent incident log for five years.
- Other Recordkeeping: Certain records must be retained for five years.
- Changes to TRO Petitions: The law amends the process for seeking temporary restraining orders.
Steven C. Wilmes
CEO, Wilmes, LLC Risk Control Services