As the CEO of Wilmes, LLC Risk Control Services, I’m excited to offer you early access to our services for ensuring workplace safety and compliance with California’s new workplace violence prevention requirements (SB 553). We understand the importance of being prepared.
SB 553 is a game-changer, and here’s why:
- Who is Covered: Virtually all California employers, with a few exceptions.
- Defining “Workplace Violence”: It includes various acts or threats, from verbal to physical.
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan: Employers must create a plan with clear procedures.
- Training Requirements: Initial and annual training sessions are now required.
- Recording and Reporting: Employers must maintain a violent incident log for five years.
- Other Recordkeeping: Certain records must be retained for five years.
- Changes to TRO Petitions: The law amends the process for seeking temporary restraining orders.
Steven C. Wilmes
CEO, Wilmes, LLC Risk Control Services